You may see a familiar name in the latest issue of Feast Magazine that is online and available in print now. Saint Brewis' own Justin was a featured contributor for the October issue which highlighted the "Year in Beer." While the issue looks at thirteen (yes, thirteen) new breweries, it also had articles about 3 big beer trends and 16 of the past year's biggest beer stories.
Justin's contribution was regarding the review of local beers. Go figure, right? Of the 16 beers reviewed, Justin weighed in on 10 of them. Some of the beers you have seen on Saint Brewis and some were not only new to the site, but new to Justin as well. Each beer has a brief description of aromas and flavors as well as sensible food pairings for each (there was a mention of risotto crab cakes (which Justin stands by) but other than that, you should be able to make the other suggestions at home).
If you want to see an individual beer that he gave input on, click one of the links below.
- 4 Hands Brewing Company - City Wide Pale Ale
- Earthbound Beer - Kentucky Common
- Logboat Brewing Company - Bear Hair
- Old Bakery Beer Company - Hibiscus Wit
- Piney River Brewing Company - Sweet Potato Ale
- Public House Brewing Company - Courtship Cranberry Ale
- Schlafly Beer - Expo IPA
- Scratch Brewing Company - Chanterelle Bière de Garde
- Six Mile Bridge Beer - Blood Orange Wit
- Springfield Brewing Company - Greene Ghost IPA
We wanted to thank Feast Magazine for allowing us to be part of their latest issue and helping to spread the good word of St. Louis craft beer even further!